______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, November 12, 2012

Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest Report

I had a lot of fun at the Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Fest last weekend. It was my first time "flying solo" at this event, I was so grateful to be invited! And so many people came; plenty of friends and colleagues visited my table, and even people I had just met at NY ComicCon came back. Besides my mini-comics, children's books and prints, I had an advance copy of my forthcoming graphic novel Peanut with me.

I am happy to say that sales-wise, this was the single most successful day at any of the festivals I attended this year (MoCCA, NY ComicCon, and the small but very cool Prints Alive). It's especially exciting to meet people who already know some of my Beholder Comics and are coming back for more! That means a lot to me.

With Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons!
A familiar set-up… with some new wares!
  
Fellow cartoonist Anuj Shrestha brought me lunch. Thanx Anuj!
View of the upstairs, were my table was (yes, it's a gym!)
The three cover variations of the brand-new Tales To Behold 3
Good bye BCGF 2012, it was a blast and I am so happy that I could be part of it! Thanks to Gabe, Dan and Bill for putting together another amazing festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment